Florijncoin, a company of ECRYPTY Group B.V. incorporated and existing under the laws of the Netherlands (“FLRN”, “ we”, “us” or the “ Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal data we hold by complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) GDPR and following the industry best practices. This policy together with any documents relating to the sale of our Florijncoin Token (FLRN) and any other documents referred to in it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
When we collect Information
We collect personal data about you in the following ways:
- where you register for an account or to receive emails from us
- when you order products or services from us
- when you submit a query or request to us
- when you respond to a survey that we run or fill in forms on one of our websites
- by tracking your use of our websites and mobile applications
- from public sources
- from examination of public and private blockchains
- from third parties who are entitled to disclose that information to us
- when you apply for a job with us
In some cases we may be required by law to collect certain types of personal data about you.
Where we collect personal data from you, we will generally do so ourselves. However, in some cases we may collect personal data from a third party, such as through your representatives, contractors who provide services to us, or third parties who refer you to us because they think you may be interested in our products or services.
Information we collect from you
The kinds of personal data that we collect and hold about you may include:
- identifying information, such as your name, date of birth and nationality.
- ID documentation such as a passport or other government issued photo identification and proof of address documentation such as a utility bill or bank statement
- contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number
- social media handles and other social media profile information that you make available to us or to the public
- financial information, such as credit card, bank account or other payment details
- blockchain identifiers, such as blockchain addresses and public keys
- emails and passwords that you create when registering for an account with us
- details of any products or services that we provide to you
- information about how you use the products and services we provide
- records of our communications with you, including any messages you send us
Without this information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services (or with all of the features and functionality offered by our products or services) or to respond to queries or requests that you submit to us.
Uses made of the Information
We use personal data that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity when you are dealing with us
- to determine your eligibility for any of our products or services
- to determine your compliance with the terms and conditions that apply to any of our products or services and applicable law, in particular to satisfy our Know-Your-Client (KYC) and Anti-Money-Laundering (AML) requirements
- to enable us to provide our products and services
- to improve our website based on your information and feedback
- to answer your queries and requests
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- to carry out market analysis and research
- to monitor use of our products and services
- to assess, maintain, upgrade and improve our products and services
- to carry out education and training programs for our staff
- to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues
- to carry out planning and forecasting activities and other internal business processes
- to keep you informed about our activities, including by sending out newsletters
AML and KYC requirements are defined as per internal compliance procedures and guided by the financial industry best practices. They represent the Company’s efforts to reduce the risk of illicit behavior and the involvement of stained individuals within the ICO process.
We may from time to time use your personal data in order to send you marketing materials about products or services that we think you may be interested in (including in some cases products and services that are provided by a third party). We may not use your personal data unless we have received your consent. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at email@example.com
- identifying information, such as your name and date of birth
- contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number
- products and services portfolio information and demographic data held by us from time to time
We may use your personal data to market the following products and/or services to you:
- creating, purchasing and/or trading digital assets
- software and hardware wallets for holding digital assets
- other products or services related to digital assets
If we use your personal data in any direct marketing communications, you have the right to request that we provide you with the source of that personal data. There is no fee for requesting this information. We will provide you with the source of the personal data, unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so.
We may also use and disclose your information for other purposes in accordance with your requests or instructions.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share personal data about you with:
- your representatives, advisers and others you have authorized to interact with us on your behalf
- our staff who need the information to discharge their duties
- related entities within our corporate group
- our business partners, agents and service providers
- payment system operators and financial institutions
- prospective purchasers of all or part of our business or shares in our company or a related entity
- professional advisers who we engage to provide advice on our business
- government authorities who ask us to disclose that information, or to other people as required by law
In some cases the people to whom we disclose your personal information may be located overseas. Further, we may have servers located overseas. There may not be in place data protection laws which are substantially similar to, or serve the same purposes as the applicable data privacy laws in the Netherlands. This means your personal information may not be protected to the same or similar level.
We will not sell your personal data to any third party.
Storage and security of personal data
We generally store the personal data that we collect in electronic databases, some of which may be held on our behalf by third party data storage providers. Sometimes we also keep hard copy records of this personal data in physical storage facilities. We use a range of physical and technical security processes and procedures to protect the confidentiality and security of the information that we hold, and we update these from time to time to address new and emerging security threats that you become aware of.
We also take steps to monitor access to and modification of your information by our staff, and ensure that our staff are aware of and properly trained in their obligations for managing your privacy.
Retention of personal data
Your personal data will not be kept longer than required.
We may retain your personal data for a period of 5 years. At our discretion, we may retain personal data for longer than the said period if we consider it necessary or desirable to do so to meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
Access and correction
If you want to access any of the personal data that we hold about you or to correct some aspect of it (e.g. because you think it is incomplete or incorrect), please contact our privacy compliance team using the contact details set out below. To protect the integrity and security of the information we hold, we may ask that you follow a defined access procedure, which may include steps to verify your identity. In certain cases we may charge you an administration fee for providing you with access to the information you have asked for, but we will inform you of this before proceeding. There may be cases where we are unable to provide the information you request, such as where it would interfere with the privacy of others or result in a breach of confidentiality. In these cases we will let you know why we cannot comply with your request.
Even if you do not request access to and/or correct your personal data held by us, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold your personal data, that personal data is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website www.florijncoin.com. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
By using our site, providing personal data and/or using any of our products or services, you agree that:
- if you have provided personal data to us relating to any other person, you:
- have a right to provide that information;
We try to meet the highest standards in order to protect your privacy. However, if you are concerned about the way in which we are managing your personal data and think we may have breached any applicable privacy laws, or any other relevant obligation, please contact our privacy compliance team using the contact details set out below. We will make a record of your complaint and refer it to our internal complaint resolution department for further investigation. We will deal with the matter as soon as we can, and keep you informed of the progress of our investigation.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if you feel that your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled to make a complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org we do commit to the GDPR standards.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, to take into account changes to our standard practices and procedures or where necessary to comply with new laws and regulations. The latest version of this policy will always be available on our website.